News And Notices
10 November 2017
Launch of France-Visas website. Visit this website for comprehensive information on visas and on how to apply: STEP 1: check whether you need a visa and prepare your application; STEP 2: check who can examine your application; STEP 3: fill your visa application form and, if required: STEP 4: book an appointment to submit your application in VFS GLOBAL visa application centre.
Applicants can have their passport and documents delivered to their home or office by paying a courier charge LKR 850/- (Inclusive of all taxes). Courier charges are non-refundable.
Premium Lounge Service
The VFS Premium Lounge is an optional service facility available at the Visa Application Centre in Colombo to smooth the application process. The premium lounge service includes:
- Separate lounge with personalized service by dedicated staff
- Application in a timely manner
- Courier Return of your Passport
- SMS and E-mail alert on the status of your application
- Photocopying service
What does it cost?
The Premium Lounge service costs LKR.4300/- (Inclusive of all taxes) per application. This charge is in addition to the visa application fee and VFS service fee. Please note that optional fees are non-refundable.
- Your visa will be processed and decided by the France Embassy in Colombo. Use of the Premium Lounge service does not affect the processing time or decision of your visa application.
- The VFS Premium Lounge is available only to applicants with a scheduled appointment on the same day. It is not a fast-track or an overbooking facility.
How do I book?
Appointment to Premium Lounge can be granted only on the same date as regular appointment. You need to book a regular appointment through the France-Visas website and email us your request for Premium Lounge on the following email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org with your appointment confirmation (.pdf), preferred time (if different than the one scheduled) and contact numbers.