News And Notices
29 March 2018
The French Visa Application Centre in Colombo is moving to the below address from 22 May 2018.
Brown’s Capital Building,
No: 19, Dudley Senanayake Mawatha,
How to submit a visa application with France-Visas?
You may book an appointment online to submit your application in the VFS, after the submission of your application on France-Visas website (https://france-visas.gouv.fr/ )
Before booking an appointment, it is mandatory to:
- Visit the website FRANCE-VISAS and check if you require a visa by using the visa wizard (https://france-visas.gouv.fr/web/france-visas/ai-je-besoin-d-un-visa )
- If you require a visa, you must:
- Create your account on the FRANCE-VISAS website
- Fill in the visa application form online (your visa application form will be automatically filled in and available for printing, you will not have to fill it manually)
- Print the visa application form, date it and sign it
- Print the checklist of documents required for the submission of your visa application
- Please note the total amount of visa fees to pay while submitting your visa application
After completing the France-Visas step:
- A page will display how to schedule an appointment: you would have to click on the link to book an appointment with VFS.
- As part of the visa application procedure effective from 02 November 2015, applicants need to provide Biometric fingerprint data along with a digital photograph. If applicant has temporary injuries on fingers, they are advised to wait until the injuries have healed before booking the appointment. Henna on fingertips may also mean we are unable to get a clear scanned image and should be removed or allowed to fade before the appointment date.
- Before booking the appointment, applicant should carefully read the visa application process and other information available on the website.
- Only one appointment can be booked per passport.
- Application will not be accepted at the VAC if the passport number does not match with the one used for booking the appointment.
- If the applicant has missed the appointment on the scheduled day, the appointment system will not allow rescheduling or cancelling and applicant will be required to book a new appointment after 24 hours.
- Appointments can be rescheduled or cancelled only for a limited period and number of times.
- Applicant needs to carry a printout of the appointment letter on the scheduled date and time in order for the appointment to be entertained.
- Applicants are advised to arrive at the visa application center 10 minutes prior to the appointment time. Appointment time is the time when applicant will be allowed entry into the VAC and does not necessarily mean that applicant will be served at the same time. Applicant will be served as per the token provided at the VAC. Please factor in waiting times at the VAC when booking the appointment.
- Applicants are not allowed to be accompanied inside the VAC. The only exceptions to this are those accompanying children under 18 years-of-age or applicants who need special assistance for health reasons or disability.
- If applicant is a part of a family or group, each member of the family or group must make an individual appointment. For example, if you are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 children you must make 4 individual appointments.
- Group applications: Travel agencies/group applicants are requested to send the details of the group, including but not limited to, the applicant name, passport no, expiry date of passport, travel dates (onward and return), purpose of journey of the group etc. in a tabular format along with the group coordinator name and contact details to email@example.com at least 30 working days before the group departure date. VFS will co-ordinate with the group coordinator and facilitate for group submission of visa applications at the VAC.
By consequence, the personal appearance of the applicants becomes optional for a *subsequent application and they will have the possibility to be represented by a third party with an authorized letter.
- *Children under the age of 12
- *The applicants those who had a previous Schengen Visa issued after 02 November 2015 (with VIS tag in the visa sticker) .
Applicants can have their passport and documents delivered to their home or office by paying a courier charge LKR 850/- (Inclusive of all taxes). Courier charges are non-refundable.
Premium Lounge Service – Temporarily not available
The VFS Premium Lounge is an optional service facility available at the Visa Application Centre in Colombo to smooth the application process. The premium lounge service includes:
- Separate lounge with personalized service by dedicated staff
- Application in a timely manner
- Courier Return of your Passport
- SMS and E-mail alert on the status of your application
- Photocopying service
What does it cost?
The Premium Lounge service costs LKR.4300/- (Inclusive of all taxes) per application. This charge is in addition to the visa application fee and VFS service fee. Please note that optional fees are non-refundable.
- Your visa will be processed and decided by the France Embassy in Colombo. Use of the Premium Lounge service does not affect the processing time or decision of your visa application.
- The VFS Premium Lounge is available only to applicants with a scheduled appointment on the same day. It is not a fast-track or an overbooking facility.
How do I book?
Appointment to Premium Lounge can be granted only on the same date as regular appointment. You need to book a regular appointment through the France-Visas website and email us your request for Premium Lounge on the following email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org with your appointment confirmation (.pdf), preferred time (if different than the one scheduled) and contact numbers.